OUR PRIMARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
The truly novel paradigm that forms the basis of Billabong High International School’s philosophy is its unique LRQ model. The LRQ model is based on three major underpinnings; Learner-Centric Approach, Research-Based Curriculum and Superior Quality Standards. We observed that the demands of an education had increased; furthermore, there was a manifold leap in the quantity of knowledge consumed. Hence, we devised a curriculum that will form the framework of further education. Our ideal teacher-student ratio; 1:12, ensures that every student is given personal attention and engages on a one-on-one level with the teacher.
THE LQR MODEL
All programs and policies at Billabong High International School are created keeping student’s interests in mind to maximize the potential of each student.
• The curriculum equips the students to face the challenges of a fast paced, urban world.
• An optimum teacher-student ratio supports the learner-centric program.
• All teachers are empowered with strategies so that they can cater to different styles of learning.
• Assessments are kept interesting and non-intimidating and are conducted for understanding the student’s absorption of learning.
• Reaches out to the multiple ways in which students learn, based on Dr. Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
• Is interdisciplinary and theme-based to help students grasp complex concepts and to encourage long-term retention and understanding instead of rote memorization.
• Uses Bloom’s Taxonomy to foster higher order thinking skills like application, exploration, and creativity in students.
• Is developmentally appropriate for all grades to support each student’s growth and learning.
SUPERIOR QUALITY STANDARD
The School Improvement Team ensures that quality is maintained in the five domains of the schools, viz.;
• Knowledge Sharing
• Experiential Learning