Billabong High International School, Andheri, prides itself on being a responsible part of the ecosystem called India. And we strive every day to contribute to building better citizens of tomorrow. A strong sense of giving characterises our ethos. At Billabong High International School, Andheri, we strongly advocate being a part of the solution rather than the problem.
Our social initiatives across the verticals of environment, human rights, public health, and scientific research were appreciated.
We are actively involved in programmes which are inclined towards the awareness and conservation of the environment, such as:
We have taken the following steps towards a cleaner, greener, and better India such as-
1. Our students participated in a tree plantation drive to help make our surroundings greener.
2. In a pledge to reduce plastic, the students have given up on plastic bottles for use at school and shifted to steel bottles.
3. In school, our students are encouraged to re-use chart papers and decorations so as not to waste paper.
4. Students are also asked to be mindful of water and food wastage.
5. We teach empathy to our students by participating in charitable drives like the ‘Joy of Giving’ and ‘Book Donations’, all aligned to aid marginalised communities.
We also organise eclectic assortment of lectures who interact with the staff and students about varied social topics. We believe that little efforts go a long way in making responsible citizens.